From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2014 09:24:01 -0400
> Which is simple for beekeepers to explain. When the field force is gone the hives needs are not met &  younger bees go to the field. The mystery of CCD is Rapid loss and bees not found dead in hive or in front of the hive.

Bob,
I am not sure what your point is. Since 2006 millions of dollars and probably a million samples have been taken, analyzed, theories have been promoted, shot down, etc. Does this reflect on the quality of the effort? I don't think so. I think a tremendous amount of effort of the highest quality has been directed to this problem.

Then why isn't it being solved? The simple answer is that it is a difficult problem. We have spent billions on major disorders in people and have made little progress. Meanwhile, we have eradicated many severe problems such as polio, smallpox, flu pandemics, etc. So you get the good and the bad.

There is more information, more knowledge available about bees and beekeeping than at any time in history. However, the world too has changed, this is not your Grandmother's world (tip of the hat to Michael Pollan). We live in a global environment, problems are global, and need global solutions.

Pete B