Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2011 16:52:52 -0700
Bob wrote:   If beeks were not seeing results do you really think they would be spending the money (for fall pollen substitute feeding)?

Bob, might you be referring to the commercial segment of beekeepers, most especially those that migrate to California for almond pollination?   I can see the desire of these beekeepers to have large populations of bees at the time of migration, and not necessarily be concerned if the bees are regular worker bees or the winterized, long lived, worker bees.  This segment of beekeeping is looking for large worker populations in late January if I'm not mistaken.  Those of us who don't go to the almonds might be more interested in the winterized worker bee population and thus not so interested in boosting overall worker population.   Just a thought off the top of my head.

Mike in LA