From:
Bill Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues (Was Bee Biology)
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 20:42:31 -0500
        I am worrried tonight in Southern Maryland, USA.
We expect a hard freeze tonight.  I know the bees
themselves can take -80F and still be OK, but I
worry because of all the warm weather we have had
and the bees have been bringing in lots of pollen
and nector AND raising a lot of brood.  I am
wondering if they will be able to cover all the
brood.  I have seen this before where the Queen
really gets going good in the Spring and then a
cold snap comes and they cover what they can and
the rest freeze.

        I don't know what to do about it, so I guess I
shouldn't worry too much.

Keep warms girls and I'll check on you as soon as
I can.

billy b