From:
Ian Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 1996 20:57:18 -0500
Hello fellow beekeepers....
I know this is off-topic, but I thought a little humour would be in order
at this festive season....:)

Merry Christmas to all...:)

 Fruitcake for the Holidays: A Special Recipe
MATERIALS:

 one cup water
 one cup sugar
 four large eggs
 two cups of dried fruit
 one teaspoon baking soda
 one teaspoon salt
 one cup brown sugar
 lemon juice
 nuts
 one bottle whiskey
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DIRECTIONS:
 Sample  the whiskey to check for quality.  Take a large bowl.
 Check the whiskey again.  To be sure it is the highest quality,
 pour one level cup and  drink.  Repeat.  Turn on the electric
 mixer, beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl.  Add one
 teaspoon of sugar and beat again.

 Make  sure  the  whiskey  is still okay.  Cry another tup.  Turn
 off the mixer. Break two leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in
 the cup of dried fruit.  Mix  on  the  turner.   If  the  fried  druit
 gets stuck in the beaterers pry it loose with a screwdriver.

 Sample  the  whiskey  to check for tonsisticity.  Next, sift two
 cups of salt.  Or something.  Who cares?  Check the whiskey.
 Now sift the lemon juice   and  strain  your  nuts.   Add  one  table.

 Spoon.   Of sugar or something.  Whatever you can find.

 Grease  the  oven.   Turn  the cake tin to 350 degrees.  Don !,t forget
 to beat  off  the  turner.   Throw  the  bowl  out of the window,
 check the whiskey again and go to bed.

Happy Holidays...:)

                     @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
                    @        Ian Watson           @