From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 14:36:18 -0500
I also hope that someone that has produced creamed honey  responds to
this...an awful lot is produced!  In fact, in many European countries the
only way honey is consumed is in creamed form.
My understanding, and I hope someone will confirm or deny this, is that
starting with crystallized honey will not work.  I have always understood
that to produce creamed honey one has to have a starter (much like to
produce sourdough bread one needs a starter) and once that is put into
extracted honey the remainder will cream.  I understand that after the
starter is added a 60 pound paid will cream in 2-3 weeks at 60 degrees F.
and that it will take longer at higher temperatures.  However, I didn't
respond the first time as I don't know the ratio of starter to liquid honey.
I do think I understand that to get a starter one only needs to buy a
container of creamed honey.