From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 08:44:00 -0500
The question "how much salt" is on the mark. However the salt in
terramycin is HCl not NaCl. Since NaCl seems to be the basic salt
in biological functions, I would assume it is the one needed for
bee biology as it is for ours. HCl also probably fits in, but is
more likely synthesized by the bee, if it needs it, just as we
synthesize it for our digestive system.

As far as NaCl reducing bee longivity, it will do the same for a
human if consumed in too great a quanitity. Just try to survive
on sea water.

You can get too much of a good thing.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, ME