From:
Dan Mihalyfi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 1996 10:38:00 PDT
At 06:06 AM 8/3/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello there new to the list so bear with me fist post in all.
>
>I would like to know if anybody else is from FL. with any helpfull info on a
>safe
>way to get rid of bull ants they are starting to become a pain in the ass.
>I had a week colony hear at the house feeding them then last week i came home
>from work they had found them and attacked lost the intire hive.
>
> E-mail : [log in to unmask]
>                                                    Let the honey flow!!!!!
>                                                           Thanks!!!!!

Can you put your hives up on stands, with oil barrier to keep ants out
altogether??

I use hive stands made out of  3/4 galvinized pipe. I paint used motor oil
on the each of the four legs, ants will not cross this oil and there is no
other access to hive i.e. cross members or long grass. After heavy rains the
oil will need to be reapplied.

Dan Mihalyfi
Mihalyfi Apiaries
Watsonville, CA 95076