From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2007 10:21:04 -0400
Peter L. Borst <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> “Cultic objects were also found in the apiary, including a four-horned
altar adorned with figures of naked fertility goddesses, as well as an
elaborately painted chalice. This could be evidence of deviant cultic
practices by the ancient Israelites related to the production of honey and
beeswax.”

>This statement is loaded with assumptions. You can hardly call terms
>like "cultic" or "deviant" as value-neutral.

Hello Peter,

I don’t see any ‘assumptions’ here.

You have facts:
"Cultic objects", "four-horned altar adorned with figures of naked
fertility goddesses" and a "painted chalice found in the apiary".

But they are not << assuming >> that there actually were deviant cultic
practices...

They only state that << “This could be evidence..." >>

This is a clearly a hypothesis and NOT an assumption.

I much enjoyed your 'hypothesis' also, and is very plausable.  ;)

Joe Waggle ~ Derry, PA
‘Bees Gone Wild Apiaries'
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/HistoricalHoneybeeArticles
FeralBeeProject.com