From:
Conrad Berube <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 15:14:39 -0700
.Date:    Fri, 1 Aug 1997 09:02:45 -0700
>From:    Mark Franklin Almond <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Beekeeping Fables
>
>I have a small collection of beekeeping fables that I have collected over
>the years that I have been a hobby beekeeper. I would like to know if
>anyone on BEE-L have any humorous fables that they would like to share
>with me and other subscribers to the BEE-l.
>American Bee Journal published a few fables which were written by Conrad
>Burbee a year or so ago. I missed getting these fables. Can anyone help
>me with getting these fables?

Hey Mark,

Sorry that this thread seems to have been going on for a couple days before
I jumped in (been out of town and just now catching up on e-mail). The
article to which you are referring is posted on my web page along with some
other articles that you might find interesting (some other bee stuff but no
other folk tales at present). I've been trying to find a literary agent for
the book I've been working on for the past couple of years (using stories
and folk tales from around the world to illustrate bee biology and
beekeeping history in different cultures) but keep getting side-tracked by
the demands of daily life (and other interests).  You can find the article
at http://pinc.com/~bwarner/5garudi.htm (if that doesn't work try
http://vvv.com/~bwarner/5garudi.htm and if all else fails try doing a search
from Alta Vista for "island crop management" and following the links to my
publications).  Hope you enjoy it--

and if anyone knows of a publisher or literary agent who would be interested
in a light-hearted, ecclectic book on bees and bee legends PLEASE let me know.

And, Mark, if you'd like to share your fables with me I'll send you a couple
more (as long as you promise not to publish my versions before I do ;-) and
I'll reciprocate the courtesy.

        -              Conrad Berube
      "  `            ISLAND CROP MANAGEMENT
      "   `           613 Hecate St.
  _- -_`-_|'\  /`     Nanaimo, B.C.
 \_\ _ /\-._/\/       (250)754-2482; fax (250)656-8922
      /   | |         email: [log in to unmask]
     '`   ^ ^         website: http://pinc.com/~bwarner/