From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2012 14:05:51 +0100
>Of course the simplest answer in America where the European honeybee, Apis
>mellifera, is not a native species, is to change over to another non-native
>species, >Apis cerana, which has learned to live with Varroa.

Must be heading towards breakfast time over there - I suspect there will be
some reaction to your suggestion very soon!

Having worked with cerana in S India, I have to say that I would love to
keep them.  They might do well in the UK too - but that would never be
allowed.

Best wishes

Peter
52.144244, -1.503509