From:
David Alexander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 May 1997 19:49:11 -0700
John Alexander wrote:

> I returned from a navy deployment to find my first hive was
> failing with an (on-strike) queen.  Requeened - to no avail -
> the only thing populous are ants and wax moths.
>
> What is a good method of doing away with the very few remaining bees
> so that I can salvage the drawn comb and honey for my new hives (and
> to restock this one)???
>
> Thanks
>
> John Alexander
> Beltsville, MD

john. it would be prudent to find out for certain just why the bees
died.
if mites, the equipment should be empty of bees for a week or so.  you
can
just throw the bees out on the ground and put the equipment away from
them.

if you have foul brood then you will have to fumigate or destroy the
hive.

dave alexander k7da