Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 07:31:25 -0800
Hi,

    Someone in the research community needs to be checking these "survivors"
to find out why they are surviving, i.e., what is the mechanism of
resistance
to varroa? And is this only a mild-climate phenomenon?

reply:

No David. I have seen caucasian type feral bees in upstate NY.  As far as
I'm aware of no one keeps this type of bee in my area and they seem to be
making a comeback.  I'm wondering "WHY" this caucasian type of bee and not
others?

Clay