From:
David Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 08:21:31 -0500
   Eighty-six degrees yesterday:  Bloom sighted: redbud, anise hyssop,
huckleberry, strawberry, pear, peach, crab apple, mustard, collards.

    Farmers are cutting the fields as fast as they can, in preparation for
corn planting.  But the early warmth has given whole fields of anise hyssop
on the uncut fields.  I have never seen so much - whole fields of bloom.

    Yesterday a swarm from an unknown source moved into one of a stack of
deadouts, just outside our warehouse.  They are now cleaning up the comb, and
happy as clams.  I'll give them a couple days to settle, then give them a
frame or two of honey.

    No serious cold weather in sight, though forecasts indicate some cooling.
 But the full moon is two weeks away, that that will be the time to watch.
 We can't have a freeze now, without a LOT of damage.

[log in to unmask]    Dave Green,  PO Box 1200,  Hemingway,  SC
29554        (Dave & Jan's Pollination Service,  Pot o'Gold Honey Co.)

Pollination for lay people, students, teachers
....Of bees, beekeepers, and food
http://users.aol.com/queenbjan/primbees.htm

Pollination for the pros - those involved in doing it:
Practical Pollination Home Page            Dave & Janice Green
http://users.aol.com/pollinator/polpage1.html

Jan's Sweetness and Light         Varietal Honeys and Gift Sets
http://users.aol.com/SweetnessL/sweetlit.htm