From:
Al Lipscomb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 15:57:39 -0500

> Answer.
>    Yes, I am inclined to agree with you on this generalization.
>    But, in the meantime, are you  recommending that beekeepers do
> nothing while they watch their hives demise. paying high prices for
> toxic chemicals that
> may not work at all?

For many of us the hope of a non-toxic treatment for Varroa mites is
still alive and well. I have been following the FGMO debate here on
BEE-L and hope that one day a prescription as concise and affordable
as the recently posted powdered sugar method arrives. Until then I
will continue to pay high prices for "toxic chemicals".

My hives are not in a state of demise so I am not in any rush to add
any new substance to my hives. Were it not for the arival of SHB in
my area my treatments would be restricted to Apistan about every
18 months. Now I am using Cumaphose as needed to deal with the SHB
and giving Apistan a rest.

I still have my supply of FGMO waiting for a good application. I even
have an idea on using it in a rather novel trap for SHB. Lets hope that
a simple solution can be found.
--

There is no doubt we need government in our lives. There is also no doubt
that we need salt in our diet. Watch out for too much of either one.
AA4YU http://www.beekeeper.org http://www.q7.net