From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 14:12:52 -0800
Larry,
I go to the next step which is to feed "candy" which is 5 lbs granulated

sugar boiled with one pint of water to a little over 240F. I pour it
into
greased cookie pans, break it into chunks and put it on the inner cover.

Any
left over I freeze. Bees take it down fine. It also has "water" but a
little
less accessable than your slurry, but for Maine it is great because it
does
not seem to promote brood rearing too early- which can cause problems.
Since
I started using candy, I have not lost a hive that made it to March.
Bill Truesdell
Bath, ME