From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 2013 19:40:00 -0500
I found watching the old PBS documentary "Silence of the Bees" which comes up when  you pull up "more than honey" again interesting.

Hind sight is always 20/20 but easy to see now Aussie package bees were not the source of CCD as Jeff seemed to think at the time.

Also interesting (what I
 said back in 2006) might actually be acurate that nosema ceranae actually entered the U.S.
In 1989 with AHB which originated in areas of now known
Nosema ceranae.

The USDA seems to discount my.hypothsis (Why I wondered at the time)

Of course would pose the question by what method was nosema ceranae spread across the U.S..

Might also pose the question how widespread are AHB genetics?

If you take the time to watch "Silence of the Bees" please note a solution for varroa etc. was to create a SUPER Bee from AHB . Shades of Dr. WARWICK KERR.
In the documentary was suggested by a member from Penn State.

H. B. in Florida found varroa for the USDA &small hive beetle. Dave H. Found CCD.

The bee labs did all kinds of tests including DNA but failed to find nosema ceranae in AHB or other samples until CCD  was declared in the U.S.

I find beekeeping history interesting.

B. H.