From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 19:15:13 -0600
> ... I then switched to High
> Fructose Corn Syrup because the price was 1/3 that of sugar.  It was
> recommended to mix 3 parts water to 1 part HFCS...It seemed too weak,
> so I started mixing 2:1, and adding about the same amount of honey...etc

I think someone gave you a bum steer and got it backwards.  You want 3 parts of
HFCS and one part of water.

But, at this time of year, if granulation due to cool weather is not a problem,
you can use HFCS straight.

allen

PS: HFCS is good winter feed, but sucrose is apparently better in terms of bee
longevity.
-----
See if your questions have been answered in over a decade of discussions.
BEE-L archives & more: http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/Bee-l.htm
Search sci.agriculture.beekeeping at http://www.deja.com/
or visit http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee to access both on the same page.