From:
Michael Thigpen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 1995 09:45:16 -0400
I'm a relative newcomer to the list and do not yet have any bees, but
I've been learning a great deal from your postings and enjoying the ride.
Now I have a small situation that may require intervention.

I have a small piece of rental property (5 units) in town, and last week
I was informed by one of the tenants that bumble bees have "taken over"
the garage there. When I checked this weekend, there were indeed quite a
few buzzing around. I hate to disturb their activity, but the tenant is
in a panic. Is there a way that I might "invite" them to shift their
activity just a bit so that they'll not be near the tenants' vehicles? I
am really concerned more for the safety of the bees than the tenants, as
some of them (tenants) may panic and either start swatting or spraying
poison. Any advice you can give will be appreciated.

Michael R. Thigpen
   "Words are, of course, the most
    powerful drug used by mankind."
         *Rudyard Kipling*