From:
Seth Charbonneau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Dec 2018 19:57:22 +0000
from the study
"Here we test the hypothesis that honey bee breeding efforts in United States have produced locally adapted honey bee stocks with higher overwintering success in climates where they were bred or reduced overwintering success out of their climatic zone.
as far as I can tell they didn't test this hypothesis I don't see how this was about locally adapted stocks as none of the stocks were tested in the climate they were bred in.
West Virginia  "northern bees".... come on
a zone 6b test site.... seems very much middle ground, go stick those bees in 3a VT and 8a TX test site
seth c