Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2018 14:04:25 -0400
>  Somehow we have come to the point in the US that all the bees are the same? This is based on wild speculation,

No one said they were all the same. What was said was that they are a mixture of many strains, from 4 lineages (M, C, O, & A). This is not speculation and is supported by scientific work.

Harpur et al. (2012) compared genetic diversity of managed honey bees to their
progenitors ranging from East and West Europe, Africa ... The researchers
concluded that human mediated dispersal has led to admixed populations and thus the production
of ‘mongrel’ bees who maintain higher levels of genetic diversity than progenitor populations.

> and in contrast to the links provided that show  over a time period we still have distinct lines,  and plenty of genetic diversity.

You have produced only anecdotal evidence that there are distinct lines. Genetic analysis contradicts the stories. It is in our interest to have a diverse population and the trait that matters is the ability to resist pests and parasites.

PLB