From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Nov 1996 15:22:00 GMT
>Good for him. Many amateur beekeepers are citydwellers. The only thing I can
>pick up in Amsterdam is dog du du. Even decent horses don't exist here
anymore.

>Richard C.van Ouwerkerk, arts        [log in to unmask]
>1103 RH  AMSTERDAM ZUIDOOST          The Netherlands

Well that is what bee friends are all about and do I have a deal for
you. If you will buy 100 drums of my own good honey, (produced in China)
I will include at no additional cost per pound one drum of dried Texas
Cow Dung or for 25% discount I will throw in a 50/50 mixture of Texas
Cow Dung and new crop Mad Cow Dung just received with a load of Big Mack
hamburger from England.

Anyone can see that I am only being silly, but one of my best beekeeping
friends who has passed along once told me his story of his wonderful
experiences exporting honey to Holland that was so good that he made
several trips to visit with the Dutch honey importer-exporter in
Holland and they became long time friends.

John and his new friend developed a fast friendship and bound based on
trust because of each other experience doing business with each other
over the years and John was just one of those quit reserved men that
you find puffing on a pipe or one of Cuba's best sitting next to king's
and presidents as advisors. So into the new personal friendship the
honey packer exporter confessed how he was in the old days during WW II
also a smuggler. John also did his own share of law bending as was
necessary to produce large crops in the US and Mexico so that sometimes
his bees were not in the state or area that they were allowed to move in
and out of at the time and he always seemed to be where the honey flow
was best. One night after much good food and no small amount of drink
the old Dutchman made John a deal that he could not turn down. From that
time on with each load of honey he shipped to Holland he included a drum
of nice washed graded river rocks for the same price per pound as the
honey. It seems as told to me by John that in this area of Holland
reclaimed from the sea there were no rocks, and the authorities did not
want any because then enjoyed the fact that no rocks, no broken windows
and they were prohibited from importing rocks as rocks, and who would
look in a honey drum for hot rocks anyway.

                         ttul Andy-

(c) Permission is granted to freely copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)Opinions are not necessarily facts. Use at own risk.

---
 ~ QMPro 1.53 ~ Print (P)age (D)ocument (S)omething actually worth readin