Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2013 11:57:07 -0700
Thanks Randy and Allen together you have put an important piece in the
puzzle.  I should have realized it myself, but I did not.  I have several
times put on the excluders and come back a week later and found no activity
in the super.  With frustration I remove the excluders and wait for the
queen to lay eggs in the super, then put the excluder back on and everything
works great.  As the brood matures and emerges the bees back fill the
frames, and fill the supers.  This year I will reverse the boxes putting the
brood next to the excluder..
Dave