From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2017 10:53:46 -0500
> Point being  I and others are not dispariging running your hive anyway you like,  just pointing out a different plan that seems to be working for many of us.

Charles, I don't think you understand what I am driving at. I am totally familiar with the single brood nest system, the double brood nest, and the unlimited brood nest.

The single brood nest is great if your plan is to take ALL of the honey, like they do at Guelph. My system is to allow the bees the complete run of the hive and leave a box of honey instead of feeding.

I have seen no evidence that one method produces more honey than the other in total, if you count the amount left for the bees. I wouldn't take Bush's word on anything, btw.

PLB