From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2007 12:46:56 -0800
Allen Dick:
By now, one would expect to see this written up in a way
that would conform to the scientific method, unless, of
course this was never done in a scientific way.  If not,
then one would wonder why.

Reply:
Allen, the way we worked and downsized and took notes and
presented "was the same way" it was done the first time and
eagerly written up for scientic proof FWIW. Some how peer
review changed for wanting out IMPOV. But first time it was
written up, and even after second regression starting the
varroa counts were taken. But I have a feeling in seeing
the results in less then 6 months, following the second
regression (that put us into the lions mouth on sizing we
were told not to go into), that were then put in ABJ, no
one wanted to come for more testing officially to see if
control was finally reached, which I found highly
interesting, which it was; and following that the chewing
out info we gathered was also put into ABJ for what
was being seen.

 Yet, Ed and I changed no ways we were doing
things in the field, except for the size of combs, and then
later how phasing in, which, with Housel Positioning,  was
the last major piece of the puzzle we needed for field
management, to get our hives to climb back to 4-5 deeps
through our drought years even; and that to we presented in
Alabama, and have shown many physically, and have written
up, and those seeing in the field here and then doing have
liked immensely. For in doing and actual seeing, it is
different then just reading and forming own opinion, for
you see actual results first hand.

Funny, nothing has been hidden for what we did and what I
will continue doing in following the bees. But I cannot
seeing going backwards to something now 7-10 years or more
behind us/me for those just now starting, especially when
the information is still there for reading in ABJ and at
apiservices.com, and beesource.com.

Dee

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html