From:
Stellio Matson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2013 23:04:28 -0700
-- On Sun, 3/24/13, Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I wish you would dig a little deeper than the claims made
> by the insecticide manufacturers, Paul.

Stan, I am unaware of any field study evidence that contradicts
Bayers claims; e.g. "When used according to the label, Poncho
[clothandin] poses no unacceptable risk to earthworms."

On page 14 of this EPA Environmental Risk Assessment for clothianidin
it says: http://www.scribd.com/doc/46041897/Clothianidin

"Subchronic invertebrate toxicity studies showed that clothianidin
adversely affected earthworm mortality and body weight (LC50 = 15.5
ppm) and its degradates reduced body weight (LC50 = 982.6 ppm).
There were no apparent effects of clothianidin on earthworm
reproduction or population dynamics."

In this 3 minute video the owners of a South Dakota based chain
of pesticide dealerships show us a corn field they describe as
being "just lit up with with earthworm populations"
farmers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a13QsgMj4h4

Paul Cherubini
El Dorado, Calif.