From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jul 2011 12:31:53 -0700

> > Can anyone suggest how best to move these cells?

We keep small 6-pack size coolers with hinged lids in the incubator.  They
have a large gel ice pack on the bottom, with a towel over the top.  Since
the whole container is kept at incubator temperature, they are always
preheated to exactly the correct temperature for transport.

I agree with all that Allen said--ripe cells are safe to handle with little
care other than to avoid severe jarring or overheating.

Also agree the the breast pocket, close to the skin is safest for small
numbers, as the skin is maintained at about the right temperature, and the
breast is generally protected from jarring by the owner.

When I sell small quantities to hobbyists, I tape the cells to their chests
with athletic tape for transport.  I enjoy taping some chests better than
others!

Randy Oliver