From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 14:26:04 -0700
(wrote in reference to Australian bee strains,,,)
>.....US strains are likely to be the best
> in the world, and suggest that hobbyists
> stick with them until there is evidence otherwise.

There will much jostling from queen breeders in both
countries for the hobbyist market niche in the
upcoming years.  But evidence has proved, you do NOT
need the 'best genetics in the world, when all you
need is 'the best genetics for your location'!
I suggest that hobbyists stick with breeding their own
queens that are better suited and acclimated for their
specific environment.  Then they can do away with both
of you.  ;>)