From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 10:50:31 -0400
> Stan wrote:
>  So sampling the bees is not effective.   The  place that is a good place to
> look is freshly gathered maple pollen from a  pollen trap on a hive.
> Samples should be frozen and *PROTECTED FROM  SUNLIGHT*.

Thanks for the info. However you should still sample the bees just to
rule out anything else. One problem we face is that there were losses
before gaucho that were difficult to determine, as is apparent even from
recent posts. My concern is that Gaucho will be the reason for any loss
when it may have nothing to do with the loss. If we are going to do this
right, first find out the reason for the colony deaths.

For that, get the experts in. Problem with that is that some beekeepers
are "experts" and do not need outsiders looking at their hives and bee
management. It cannot be them so it has to be gaucho. I am sure this is
happening already.

Bayer will send in experts.  You might want to check out their webpage
to see what we will be up against.

http://www.bayer-agro.com/index.cfm?PAGE_ID=91

Bill Truesdell
Bath, ME