Subject:
Albert W Needham <[log in to unmask]>: Gary Ford Contributions
From:
John M Thorp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 May 1997 00:04:48 EDT
This reply is not only for Albert W. Needham but anyone of like mind.
Anyone who's heart didn't go out to Gary Ford truly does have a hard
heart and head to boot. Up until ten years ago I had 350 hives and the
problems that went with them too. Hives tipped over,driven over and
people with various types of guns that must have thought I was a nice guy
leaving them such a lineup of wonderful targets. Unfortunately there were
times when fire was involved. Another thing that we have to deal with
down here  in Dade County,Florida is the mosquito control folks. Once
after the setup of a 40 hive yard they came merrily spraying thru the
following night,my loss was 100%.No,my hand wasn't out then nor is it now
and I'm not poking in any way at those in that posture and if they are it
is not in any way being negative on their part. Thru a process of plus
and minus experiences in life we should all, after aging a bit be able
to evaluate things and deal with them accordingly. If we can't take the
heat we need to get out of the kitchen. Albert,I really hate to tell you
this but we don't live in perfect times and it probably won't get any
better until we all get to heaven. And for the record if you're on the
elevator down it only gets worse. For that matter,"Hell is for Wimps"but
that's a whole different subject. Another thing worth consideration,bully
platforms are'nt worth being on this or any other list,lets try to be
positive and reflect the goodness I've seen in most(not all)Beekeepers
for over more than 40 years. Remember we are all either part of the
solution or part of the problem by how we respond or react,the "choice"is
ours. Whenever saying stuff like this its directed right back at myself.
Sorry if anyone's feelings have been hurt.
Take Care and GBY,John in Homestead,also at<[log in to unmask]>