From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2010 20:04:52 -0500
> Quite the Dewitt contraption Allen - I like it!  I'm wondering what the power source is for the fan and vaporizers.  We found that burning efficiency of using batteries degraded quite rapidly when using several vaporizers.

Thanks.  Cor was the pioneer for ecvaporated oxalic in Alberta, having presented an early version of his machine to our AGM back in 2002.  It raised eyebrows back then and the same overcautious warnings about 'dangers' as we still hear today.

All that is documented on the links I presented previously and updated a bit today.

My latest shots were from 2008, so I phoned Cor a few minutes ago and here is the scoop.

He has two versions of the machines and has sold a number of them.

I don't know if the pictures at the pages beginning at http://www.honeybeeworld.com/diary/articles/cor.htm are the latest.  I have requested more recent pix.  They are coming.

Here is what he has:

* A two-hive unit for a single operator -- $3,400 CAD + GST -- and

* A four hive unit -- $6,200 CAD + GST -- which takes two people to keep up.

Each hive takes 15-20 seconds.

The hives can be wrapped and reduced or open is ok, but use a rag or attach a styrofoam blocker piece to the nozzle to temporarily block while applying.

The unit needs a separate 1000W 110V generator which stays on the truck and is attached with a 50 feet cord

He checks in the early fall and only treats early if he sees problems.  You can repeat a number of times, but usually he just waits until mid-November.

Checks are done by drop boards.  His most recent checks were 4 boards each in 6 yards and found a *total* of 4 mites.  I actually phoned him back to make sure I heard him right.  That is what he says.

He will check and treat agian this spring and he is more constrained by the snow in  the yards that the amount of brood.  There is currently 8" out there, he says.

You can call him at 1-780-986-8582.

He is happy to talk to people about his invention, or sell a unit tointerested people.