From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 2014 10:59:48 -0500
> But varroa mites?  No such pesticide is being proposed, nor has one been shown to work in even a lab setting.  I smell vaporware.

Not so. The concept was patented two years ago.

Pub. No.: US 2012/0258646 A1
Pub. Date: Oct. 11, 2012
(54) COMPOSITIONS FOR CONTROLLING VARROA MITES IN BEES

Inventors:
Ilan Sela, Ramot-HaShavim (IL);
Sharoni Shafir, Nes Ziona (IL);
Eyal Maori, Rishon-LeZion (IL);
Yael Garbian, Rishon-LeZion (IL);
Eyal Ben-Chanoch, Miami, FL(US);
Gal Yarden, Nir-Moshe (IL);
Haim Kalev, Kfar-HaNagid (IL)

Assignees:
Beeologics Inc., St. Louis, MO(US);
Yissum Research
Development Company of the
Hebrew University ofx

ABSTRACT
An isolated nucleic acid agent is disclosed comprising a
nucleic acid sequence which downregulates expression of a
gene product of a Varroa destructor mite.