From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 13:14:40 -0500
Karen,
 Karen wrote:
> I believe the problem to which Lloyd referred, is those that use the
Epipen   when the only "symptoms" are a little pain, redness or swelling. In
these  cases, the added epinephrine could kill (with certain underlying
conditions)  and will at least stress your system.

If the above was what Lloyd was refering to I agree completely. I still do
not agree with Lloyds doctor refusing to prescribe a epipen for a full time
adult beekeeper such as Lloyd. The epipen is the method to use *only* when
the throat is closing and restricting air flow.

I gleaned the below from talking to two anaphylaxis survivors:
Flushing of the face and severe itching in the area of the underarms are
warning signs of anaphylaxis approaching. Panic and irrational behavior are
common. Usually the  air flow closes slowly but within a matter of minutes.
Both were saved with shots of epinephrine (epipen).

Bob