From:
Worker Bee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 01:00:19 -0600
Frank Humphrey wrote:

> ----------
> > From: Bill Mares <[log in to unmask]>
> > To: [log in to unmask]
> > Subject: pesticides
> > Date: Monday, February 03, 1997 4:32 PM
> >
> >      My five hives are about to be surrounded by an
> > 18-hole golf course.  Should I move them for
> > fear of pesticide/herbicide applications?  Any advice or experience
> > is welcome.
>
> I don't know that pesticides but you might consider the possibility of a
> lawsuit if someone gets stung while playing golf.

I've done some reading on the subject. It is extremely hard to prove
where the bee comes from that stings someone, however, it isn't worth
the battle so moving most if not all the bees might be a good idea.
Another thought comes to mind. Imagine several folks on the golf course
when a large swarm takes flight. It would probably scare the folks to
death and several law suits could be in the making. I keep 3 hives
behind my house in the city limits and have been accepted by the
neighborhood. It wories me when swarms take flight. My wife and myself
have seen several and it is awesome. The neighbors are normally gone or
are inside when it happens, so they dont know about them unless I tell
them. One fellow gardener even helps me capture them.

Don