From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:58:33 -0800
Keith Malone <[log in to unmask]> wrote
..... a dumb lot of beekeepers and Government officials that are promoting AHB as if they actually are killer bees. Just when will beekeepers stop spreading missed information?

Keith    Problem is, some of 'em are.  And you can't tell until they do their thing.  If someone gets severly injured, or worse - killed, because I knew I had a hot hive but didn't know if they were killer bees or just a very hot European or a combination of AHB/European, I would have that on my conscience, plus I would probably have a law suit on my hands that would take everything I own away.  I would rather operate on the side of caution than otherwise.  There is documented proof that "some" of these bees can kill.  Prudence would dictate that all beekeepers operate on the side of caution rather than a wait-and-see basis.  Correct me if my thoughts are not presented clearly, or I am operating from a misimformed stance.

Mike  Located in lower Alabama where it's not an if situation but rather a when situation