From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2010 21:31:47 -0500
>By the way, atrazine is most certainly not the only suspect in the cases of
>brain cancer in Cameron, Missouri

Information from a person close to the source always trumps what one reads
on the net.

 I have friends which live in Cameron and one which died from a brain tumor.
The EPA has been in Cameron taking samples for many years. Testing was done
(samples taken ) at the old tanning and rockwool plant sights and the levels
were almost undetectable. After months of study the EPA did town halls and
had researchers explain that chromium, lead are arsenic is not known to
cause the type brain tumors happening.

All three (lead, arsenic & chromium)   have been researched for decades.
ESPECIALLY lead & arsenic.
I venture to say I have been exposed to more lead than those poor souls in
Cameron. In fact I have used a lead detox to remove lead from my system. I
have spent weeks of research on lead poison issues.

A friend recorded one of the town halls for me. A couple researchers which
spoke  felt atrazine could be the problem.

Then:

Erin Brokavich ( of the movie played by Julia Roberts) came on the scene and
organized the class action lawsuits. Her law firm won one of the largest
class action lawsuits in the U.S. in a similar case.

Private conversations told to me said atrazine was the likely cause but hard
to prove and pinning the problem on the tanning plant or rockwool plant
would be easier to win.

> On April 22, 2009, a new Cameron brain tumor lawsuit was filed in Clinton
> County Circuit Court in Missouri, on behalf of local residents. According
> to the complaint, Prime Tanning Corp., of St. Joseph, Missouri, used
> *chromium* to remove hair from hides between 1983 through early 2009.

> A prior Cameron Missouri class action lawsuit filed in August 2008 on
> behalf of residents of the town, alleged that the problems were caused by
> high levels of *lead and arsenic* found in soil samples taken from the
> land around the Rockwool Industries plant near the town.

My knowledge of the issue was high levels of "lead & arsenic" were not found
by the EPA but levels were detected. have you a reference for the "high
levels" from a reliable source?

         bob