From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2007 15:07:07 -0600
Hello All,

> Can the same test be applied as a reliable indicator of AHB?

Reliable? Even the bee labs want DNA in serious stinging instances.

>This  would not be as accurate as a DNA test but could be done

DNA is only as accurate as the sample (as pointed out by Allen Dick
earlier).

Australia import service does not think much of the DNA verification
provided by our USDA-ARS. Should we be worried?

>Are the wing vein  indices for
AHB listed anywhere?

They Fabis wing indices were provided to the Florida inspection service by
the Tucson Bee lab. Yes they are available but not sure how to locate. The
bee labs have got the program I wrote about in my ABJ article on AHB in
Florida and received the CD-ROM from Tucson. FABIS is a step above simply
wing indices.

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison

--