From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Sep 2015 20:27:41 -0400
> You obviously have never worked on a large product with a group.

Actually, I have.  I ran the AT&T Bell Labs division that made an operating
system named "Unix".  Maybe you've heard of it.  I had 5,000+ people working
for me.  I'm familiar with compromise, but the EPA did not "compromise",
they reversed themselves completely, got sued, and lost.   One hopes that
they won't make the same error again.

> That statement is the key,  "modified circumstances".
> Well within its authority to do so.   Per its own guidelines.

Sorry, but a federal district court judge decided that it was NOT within the
EPA's authority to do so, and that makes it a matter of law unless Congress
or the Supreme Court want to contradict the judge:

"...on May 6, the EPA decided, to 'unconditionally' register sulfoxaflor. It
did so even though the record reveals that Dow never completed the requested
additional studies."

So, the EPA was following its own guidelines the first time, when they
demanded the additional data.  To then move forward without that data
contravened the regs.

> I would really suggest anyone who gets this to actually READ the entire
link above.

Yes, it is so hard to participate in these discussions and remain civil when
I am the only one to actually read what is being discussed. :)