From:
Peter Loring Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2013 23:42:05 +0000
On Sep 9, 2013, at 12:52 PM, Medhat Nasr <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

The other issue to think about is that the Taktic mix is a lump of material placed on top of the center frames in one location. I wonder how much is evenly distributed through the hive? From my experience, you can see the material seeps under the lump of the material to honey in brood combs and becomes too greasy.

What slays me is that the guys that are absolutely sure that pesticides from agriculture are what is causing their problems -- these same guys are dumping all sorts of combinations of Ag chemicals into their hives without a clue as to what it's doing.

It seems that an awful lot of beekeepers are ready and willing to use any concoction, if so and so says "it seems to help". You have everything from honey-B-healthy to homemade sheep dip going in there, with no proof it works and certainly no proof it's safe.

PLB