From:
Kenn Tuckey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 1997 09:37:26 -0700
TO:     BEE-LIST INTERNET  General Internet Address

FROM:   TUCKEY   AGTRE     Tuckey, Kenn - Provincial Apiculturist

DATE:   MARCH 26, 1997
SUBJECT:        re: Location of hives and yard maintenance

I have followed this thread with interest and note that it has
deteriorated? into a discussion of clearing vegetation around hives.

I have not seen anything on what I consider to be the prime factor to
consider when placing bees on a 1/2 acre lot - make sure the bees are
placed so that they will not create a hazard or nuisance to the
neighbours.  Best if they are completely out of sight of the neighbours.

Make sure there is an obstruction between the bees, even if only a
short length of snow fence, to force the bees to fly up as they leave
the hive.

I forget the source of the original post and apologize for the snow
fence example but snow fences are still on our mind here in Edmonton
Alberta.

Kenn Tuckey