From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Sep 2008 22:45:54 -0300
> That's interesting. I wonder whether that means that drifting will
> tend not to occur unless you put more than 4 identical hives in a  row.

Hi Chris and All:

I keep all my hives on long stands of five in a row.  I find them easy
to pick up with the boom (slide hives together, one ratchet strap per
stand, stands are 8 feet (2.4 m) long so load is allowable width on truck,
stand feet go just inside rails on the truck, so only the last stand on
truck
and trailer need to be strapped down to the bed unless we are stacking
stands) We can move 100 hives per load without stacking.

It seems to me that if one assumes that bees could count up to four,
they would have to start counting from one side of the stand or the
other.  It would be likely then that a stand of five would not be a
problem, unless the bees always counted from one side.

Stan