Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2018 09:30:40 -0600
Hi Aaron:

Our present temperature is 3 deg F and is forecast to remain below freezing
for at least another week. I envy you your lovely warm weather...

Seriously, packages survive fairly well in temperatures you are likely to
see next week. They should  to be hived with inside frame feeders. It really
helps to put a 16"x 20" x 2" piece of styrofoam  on top to keep them warm. I
would not open a top entrance until it gets warmer. When I was installing
packages, I dumped the bees into the box with 3 frames removed and released
the queen directly on to them,then moved the frames back in.

Best Regards

Donald Aitken, Edmonton Alberta

53° 41' 51" N 113° 37' 32" W