From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jul 2011 12:57:14 -0700

> >We find no reliable evidence that proteins from Iridovirus and Nosema are
> present in the samples that were re-analyzed.

Oddly, the authors did not detect the presence of nosema, which was clearly
in the samples!  There are politics as well as science involved in this
paper--note the institute of the authors.

Their argument also does not take into account the simple fact that if the
Army team was misreading Apis mellifera peptides, then they should have
misread them in all samples, which didn't occur.

IMHO, the jury is still out.

Randy Oliver