From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 07:36:36 -0600
> To quote part "Our research has shown that reducing relative humidity
>below  50% where honey is stored will inhibit SHB eggs from hatching >and
thus  reduce or eliminate larval damage in honey."

Keeping below the 50% relative humidity was the problem in our experiment.
In areas of high humidity it is very difficult to maintain below 50%
humidity unless the processing area is built for maintaining low humidity.
*If* the honey is not processed  fast the  moisture level will keep getting
lower until you have some very low moisture honey (problem I had).

> If we can get our money for research out of Government, then we may be
able   to answer some of these questions.

I am going to ask researchers at our national meetings. Although very little
is in print about the SHB some research has been done. The research Trevor
quotes comes from our Beltsville lab so maybe Jeff has a few answers.

Bob