From:
Pollinator <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 1998 18:03:56 EST
In a message dated 98-01-03 00:23:50 EST, [log in to unmask] (Paul Cronshaw,
D.C.) writes:

<<  Are plastic queen excluders easier/better to use than metal ones? >>

     I "inheirited" about 50 of them and have given them away.  I remember
being told  there is a right side up and a wrong side up, though I can't
remember which. The bees are more reluctant to go through them than any other
kind. They quickly become brittle. Because they are brittle, it is almost
impossible to clean burr comb without breakage. My zinc and wire excluders
clean up nice in hot water, or even a solar melter. Either will ruin plastic
ones. As far as I'm concerned they are junk.

[log in to unmask]     Dave Green  Hemingway, SC  USA
The Pollination Scene:  http://users.aol.com/pollinator/polpage1.html

Jan's Sweetness and Light Shop    (Varietal Honeys and Beeswax Candles)
http://users.aol.com/SweetnessL/sweetlit.htm