From:
Grant Gillard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 2009 20:03:06 -0700
In Southeast Missouri, rains are scattered, isolated, frequent and quite unpredictable.  Every day offers sunshine, turning to rain, turning to clearing skies, then rain later that night.  We haven't had a lot of rain, just frequent bouts of small occurences.  Temps remain cool.  Fields are easily accessible.  No widespread flooding along the Mississippi River.

Hives that were fed some stimulative syrup back in March (when I was nervous about running out of stored honey) are doing fantastic.  Lots of brood build up, but precious little honey stored.  I'm planning on feeding some more to insure they won't starve. There are few swarm cells, but not too many.  I'm very pleased, but anxious for warm temperatures and sunshine.

Grant
Jackson, MO