From:
Ari Seppälä <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2007 02:41:17 +0300
I agree with Dee, bees tend to  darker in north and also in places higher
up. I have been working with bees in Somalia. There the bees are darker the
more you go up the mountain. But there is exceptions. In Madagasgar all the
bees from coast to mountain are black. They are also very calm bees. Maybe
this is because they have very few if any natural mammal enemies in that
island, other than humans which are quite recent problem for them.

Ari Seppälä
Finland