From:
Tom Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 2009 11:04:39 +0000
Hello All

A correspondent wrote  "The fact is that the parasitic mite Varroa is a major pest killing honey bee colonies"

It was then pointed out that it was viruses which did the actual killing.

However my question is 'If we did not have varroa would we have such bee losses?"

Does it really matter what does the actual killing, is the primary reason for the problem not the real question?

Sincerely
Tom Barrett
Dublin
Ireland