From:
charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 2014 13:39:15 -0500
"lease review the chart again (link below).
How can a chart that is updated monthly, and clearly says "Updated April
2014" be outdated in April 2014?"

Easy,  last usage (if you read the chart not the update)  is 2012-2013
My calendar says its now 2014

"hile everyone can see that the additional bushels of "corn for fuel" did
not significantly reduce the bushels of "corn for food" until 2004, one can
see from the chart that we still have not yet regained the number of bushels
of corn for food that were produced in 2004."

Look close the chart shows very clearly food corn levels stayed almost the
same  (chart is not accurate enough to see perfectly) There has been no
shortage of food corn anywhere that I am privy too? Missing tortillias
somewhere?

"orking for a farm equipment manufacturer is not "farming".
Likewise, running a punch press making hive tools isn't "beekeeping"."

I was  the senior design engineer for Grain harvesting, If you do a google
search you will find my name on a lot of grain harvesting patents.

...... Your comment there was rude and I know for a fact that the guys
making those machines know more about farming than the average person could
even fathom
 My Best friend is the head of R&D for grain harvesting and ethanol
processing ) and no I can't discuss it,  but a 10 minute conversation with
him will defiantly expand your knowledge.

I farmed 450 acres for years, so I actually did farm with my own two hands,
while also keeping bees.

Never said you didn't farm......I don't need to disparage you at all.
What I don't understand is "whats the point of your argument?"  that we used
more corn for fuel?  So?? Were you aware of massive stockpiles??  Do you
think somehow this effected your bees??

There is also another argument that I see at times,  "that land for say
potatoes" was put in to corn.....  Not true....  Now days most crops are
very specialized.  Those that have equipment for potatoes,  also have
contracts and millions of dollars of special equipment just for that crop.
They just don't abanded that and by 250k combines and planters.

I still farm,  and my best friends farm.  Between the top 5 right at 20,000
acres, and a lot of cattle. (no hog friends right now,  but I have milked
more cows and farrowed more hogs than most.  Now 20k is nothing a tiny drop
in the bucket,  but it is a current and active snapshot of whats going on.
Such as .10 per bushel premiumns for high moisture corn for fuel,  to one of
the major pumpkin suppliers for walmart,  and a guy that does a lot of
sunflowers.
What I get from that is a good snapshot of pesticide use, and land use
pratices.  A real good picture actually considering some of my friends
travel the world harvesting grain. Literaly.  Starting with Corn in TX in
June, and finishing up with rice and beans in AUS, or Brazil.

You can attempt to disparage me,  no problem  I won't due the same,  just
point out my information does not come from chart that in no way shows the
whole picture.

You can side for or with ethanol,  just take off the chicken little hat and
ask some real questions.....  I know even with best friends working in the
field on this stuff,  I am undecided myself... currently or infrastructure
is a problem.  For those that don't know the ethanol HAS to be trucked. The
pipelines are not set up to handle it.  but I also know Brazil gets a huge
portion of their fuel from it,  and can manage it just fine.  Scary to think
a 3rd world country can do something we can't

I enjoy Bee-L a lot  much better than be source for getting information and
not petty arguments.  But I also see that internet experts appear here at
times also.  Just hope we can keep it at a debate level.  And My apolgies to
any if it appears I haven't.

Charles