From:
Brian Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 2009 08:51:58 -0400
Someone needs to step forward and ABJ and BC could lead the way and refuse to place
ads for Apistan and Checkmite.

I have sent a couple of letters to Dadant in the past highlighting some of the research on
reproductive health and syngergistic affects of these two materials.

Bob you too are an important voice in the industry and we could use your support to push
for the delisting of these materials.

I would go further and push for a very low tolerance of these materials in wax and honey
within 3 years of delisting.

This issue affects everyone unless you make your own foundation.

Forget the Bayer Imid controversy for a minute, we have conclusive evidence that comb
contamination is a serious issue. This is an easy cherry to pick off the tree that would
have a tremendous impact on honeybees.

What the heck are we waiting for? Its shameful and hypocritical in my opinion that there
is still a lot of hand wringing and interviewing going on about CCD and Bayer but
meanwhile back at the ranch we as an industry cover up a glaring big problem that WE
created!!!!

We need to get beekeeping back to its roots and out of the harsh chemical applicator
business. It would also do our image as honey producers a lot of good too and ensure
that honey has a "clean" name.