From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 2009 13:49:22 -0400
>How well does thymolated syrup work for nosema?
>we've also tried fumagilin, but now we seem to be at an impasse.

We need to know what the symptoms are. Do you have a high spore count? Are the bees
suffering from nosema caused symtoms? If not, it is ill advised to treat with an expensive
antibiotic.

Thymol in syrup is not approved and I would caution you against feeding non-approved
chemicals to your bees. I know beekeepers all over the world do it, but if you get caught
they won't help you.

plb6